Here’s the latest Nets news and notes from around the ‘nets:
- A former teammate of Brook & Robin Lopez at Stanford shares some hilarious stories about the duo. Everyone got a superhero nickname, and the two once skipped out on practice to go to Disneyland.
- Wonderful story about Thaddeus Young, finding stability in Brooklyn after a heartbreaking two years off the court.
- ESPN’s Nets Player Profiles (Insider) don’t paint a pretty picture for the Nets. One bright spot: their analytics-based SCHOENE projection pegs minimum-salary D-League lifer Willie Reed as a solid big man a la Ed Davis or Jordan Hill.
- Lionel Hollins shares his favorite Mikhail Prokhorov story. “He likes to have fun.”
- Ryan Boatright is a longshot to make the Nets. But a longshot is still a shot.
- SB Nation’s take on the Nets: the Nets are boring. Well, all right!
- 30 years and one day ago, former Nets great Drazen Petrovic scored 112 points in a single game. You’ll have to know Croatian to read the rest.