Ouch. The Nets lose a heartbreaker in New Orleans tonight, 103-99.
- The Nets were actually up 99-98 with about 13 seconds left in this game, after being down 9 with less than 3 minutes to play. Courtney Lee stole an inbounds pass with 13.5 seconds left and the Nets down one, and was fouled going to the rim, sinking both FTs. Chris Paul responded with a layup and the foul, off the pick and roll to put the Hornets up 101-99. On the Nets last offensive set of the game, Yi Jianlian got called for an offensive foul when he set a moving screen.
- Lee had a fantastic game. In addition to the steal and some late FTs, he scored 28 points and collected 6 assists. He was 5-7 from three-point land
- Keyon Dooling also had a great shooting night, collecting 21 points in 23 minutes, including 4-7 from three. Overall the Nets were 9-17 from three.
- For the first time in 23 games, the Nets won the rebounding battle, 44-41.
- Chris Paul didn’t have his best night scoring-wise with 11 points, but he contributed 18 assists, and made the plays when his team needed them most. Devin Harris on the other hand was a non-factor, scoring 4 points on 2-9 shooting. Harris was actually benched with about 3 minutes left, but was reinserted when Chris Douglas-Roberts was taken out of the game with an eye injury.
- David West had a monster night with 32 points and 11 rebounds, leading all scorers.
- For those keeping count, Brook Lopez had 14 field goal attempts, and Yi had 10. Neither one had a great game, with Brook collecting 14 points and 9 rebounds, and Yi with 8 points and 10 rebounds.