Some news and notes from around the Nets:
- I’d be remiss not to mention that yes, Kevin Garnett knows every Brooklyn Nets play, and yes, that aggravates Coach Avery Johnson.
- Brook Lopez: “basketball is fun again.”
- Speaking of Lopez, the seven-footer sat down with Dime Magazine to talk comics, video games, basketball, and more. Something that’s been run with by a few places was Lopez’s quote that Brooklyn Nets billionaire owner and 6’8″ Mikhail Prokhorov can “dunk it on people … no question,” but it’s not really clear if Lopez has ever actually seen Prokhorov dunk. Which leads to the obvious conclusion: we need Mikhail Prokhorov to come to Barclays Center and dunk, live. Who’s starting the petition?
- Joe Johnson‘s cumbersome contract is no longer a burden in Brooklyn.
- The Springfield Armor, D-League affiliate to the Brooklyn Nets, have three ex-Nets (two from this year’s training camp) on this year’s roster. They also have a new sponsor, and it is…