Some news and notes from around the Nets:
- I'd be remiss not to mention that yes, Kevin Garnett knows every Brooklyn Nets play, and yes, that aggravates Coach Avery Johnson.
- Brook Lopez: "basketball is fun again."
- Speaking of Lopez, the seven-footer sat down with Dime Magazine to talk comics, video games, basketball, and more. Something that's been run with by a few places was Lopez's quote that Brooklyn Nets billionaire owner and 6'8" Mikhail Prokhorov can "dunk it on people ... no question," but it's not really clear if Lopez has ever actually seen Prokhorov dunk. Which leads to the obvious conclusion: we need Mikhail Prokhorov to come to Barclays Center and dunk, live. Who's starting the petition?
- Joe Johnson's cumbersome contract is no longer a burden in Brooklyn.
- The Springfield Armor, D-League affiliate to the Brooklyn Nets, have three ex-Nets (two from this year's training camp) on this year's roster. They also have a new sponsor, and it is...