The Nets lost another close game with the Philadelphia Sixers, falling 83-79 at the Izod Center tonight.
- The Nets controlled the game for most of the first half, but Philly was able to capitalize on a 12-point third quarter by New Jersey. After two missed FTs by Elton Brand, the Nets still couldn’t get a good shot up to tie, as Jarvis Hayes forced a three that missed by a mile.
- The Nets struggled greatly in the transition game, getting outscored 25-2 on the fast break.
- Besides his last three attempt, Hayes probably had his best game of the season, scoring 18 points on 4-8 from three.
- Fighting stomach issues, Brook Lopez had 18 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks.
- Yi Jianlian had a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
- The Sixers only shot 36.5 percent from the field and 62.1 percent from the FT line, but they did a better job controlling the ball than the Nets, only committing 12 turnovers.
- Terrence Williams played some critical minutes down the stretch, and grabbed 11 rebounds.
- Andre Iguodala led the Sixers with 14 points.