The Orlando Magic jumped out to an early lead and never looked back, as they never trailed the New Jersey Nets, winning 97-87 at the Izod Center tonight.
- Statistically, Brook Lopez held his own against Dwight Howard tonight in the match-up of elite Eastern Conference centers. Brook finished with 18 points, 8 rebounds and 1 block and Dwight finished with 11 points, 16 rebounds and 4 blocks.
- The Nets got killed from long-range tonight, allowing 13 threes to Orlando, who shot 42 percent from beyond the arc.
- Yi Jianlian finished with 2 points and 5 fouls in 33 minutes of play.
- Another strong night for Terrence Williams off the bench, who finished with 14 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Trenton Hassell, meanwhile, finished with 4 points in 18 minutes as a starter. He’s starting because…?
- It what will be his last game at the Izod Center, Vince Carter finished with 13 points on 4-11 shooting.