The New York Knicks (5-2) defeated the Nets (0-6) 94-92 tonight at the Prudential Center in Newark, keeping the Nets winless with one game to go this preseason.
- Well that ending was more interesting than it had any right to be? Courtney Lee had an opportunity to tie the game at the free throw line, and one-upping Reggie Miller by scoring 5 points in 6 seconds, but he missed his first free throw, sealing the game for the Knicks.
- Prior to Lee’s late dramatics, the Knicks’ Toney Douglas made a beautiful layup with 14.3 seconds left to put the Knicks up by 5.
- The Nets got walloped in the second quarter again, being outscored 38-20 and given up six consecutive three-pointers as the first half ended. They responded in kind this time, outscoring the Knicks 36-17 in the third.
- While Courtney Lee wasn’t quite the hero, he still finished with 19 points and 2 steals.
- Chris Douglas-Roberts led all scorers with 26 points. He also chipped in 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals.
- Brook Lopez fought through double-teams all night and finished with 12 points, 11 rebounds and 5 blocks.
- After lighting up the Knicks Friday, Yi finished with 8 points and 9 rebounds tonight.
- Another ugly night for Bobby Simmons as you have to question what his role on this team is going to be. He finished with 5 points on 1-6 shooting, along with 4 fouls and 4 turnovers in 14 minutes. He also got posted up and scored on by Jordan Hill in the closing minutes of a close game.