The New York Knicks (2-2) defeated the Nets (0-5) 93-89 tonight in Madison Square Garden, keeping the Nets winless to start their preseason.
- The Knicks took off in the second and third quarters tonight, outscoring the Nets 52-30. The Nets were able to close strong in the 4th, cutting the Knicks lead to 4 before the end of the game.
- This was probably Yi Jianlian’s finest preseason game to date finishing with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Most importantly, Yi didn’t pick up his first foul until the fourth quarter and he was active and aggressive around the rim throughout, even attempting a dunk on David Lee.
- Terrence Williams proved my criticism was premature earlier this week, putting together an all-around good game with 21 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists. He also sunk two 3s down the stretch, keeping the Nets within striking distance.
- Courtney Lee continued his strong preseason with 17 points.
- There was a Sean Williams sighting in the 3rd quarter. Williams chipped in with 2 points, but played some good defense while he was in there.
- The Bobby Simmons power forward experiment wasn’t a smashing success. He finished with 0 points on 0-8 shooting with a +/- of -12. On the positive side, he did have 3 steals.
- Lawrence Frank still likes running Iso plays, even when he doesn’t have the personnel available to do so.
- We miss Devin Harris.
- Brook Lopez is hilarious when he’s angry.
- Sebastian and Mark met each other and survived the experience.