Neither team wanted to win this one, but alas there can’t be any ties in basketball, so they kept playing…and kept playing until the Nets pulled away from the Bulls in double overtime to get the 127-116 win.
- T-Will picked up his first career triple double going for 27 points, 13 rebounds, and 10 assists. He actually needed that one assist from the final 3 minutes of regulation on, but he didn’t get it until the final seconds of the second OT.
- Down 2 with only a couple seconds left, everyone thought the Nets were going to go for the three and the win. However, Courtney Lee attacked the basket, forced rotation, and Brook Lopez ended up with a tip-in dunk at the buzzer.
- This little stretch of league pass games makes me oh so grateful for the announcing crew we have when we watch Nets games. The Bulls’ announcers were terrible tonight, and Stacey King (their color man) even went so far to pretend to gag as the Nets missed a few free-throws. Really unprofessional, and in the end he ends up looking silly as the Bulls’ choked multiple times late.
- Brook Lopez has the tip I mentioned before, and he finished with 26 points and 14 rebounds.
- Courtney Lee played well also. He scored 16 points, but the biggest moment might have came where he stopped Derrick Rose on an ISO with 12 seconds left. With no help.
- The Nets outscored Chicago by 20 in the paint, by 10 in transition, and by 5 at the foul line. There is your game right there.