In what was easily the best game of the year, the Nets win this one 115 to 87. As expected, the Hornets were sluggish right from the start, as the Nets jumped to a 12 point lead at the break. The Nets had a pretty rough 3rd quarter, as the Hornets cut the lead to 7, however a quick 6-0 extended the Nets lead to 13 and effectively broke the Hornets back.
- Like I was hoping they would, the Nets ran the ball tonight, getting 40 points in transition compared to the Hornets 11.
- Terrence Williams was obviously the player of the game tonight with 14 points and 14 assists in 30 minutes.
- Depth has been an issue for the Nets all year, but tonight all 11 of the Nets on the active roster got in the scoring column. 8 got into double figures with CDR leading the way with 17 points.
- After setting their season high in assists against the Spurs, the Nets broke it again, dishing out 34 assists on 46 baskets.
- With the Hornets making a run in the third quarter, Devin Harris had a huge chasedown block, swinging the momentum back in their favor.
- The Nets as a team had 10 blocks, with Kris Humphries getting 5 of those.