Sigh. 6 minutes. 6 minutes is all it takes to make a close game and put it out of reach. The Nets were competitive for all of 6 minutes, but boy were those 6 minutes bad. The Pacers scored 41 points in the second quarter, and never really looked back. The Nets were able to cut it to 15 a couple of times, but the Pacers hit a few shots and the lead stretched back to 20. The Pacers hit 13 threes and most of them were uncontested.
- People like to get on Devin Harris because he isn’t the vocal leader. I don’t care about that, he leads this team by example. He takes more shots than anyone I have seen play this year, and he always pops up after them. He played very well tonight going for 22 on 7-15 shooting (including 7-10 from the line).
- Brook Lopez finally shook his demons against Roy Hibbert. Brook went for 27 on 9-16 shooting (including 9-9 from the line).
- CDR and Courtney Lee really struggled tonight, and they just didn’t look aggressive except a few plays here and there. 3-13 combined for 11 points.
- The craziest thing about these past few games is that the Nets are taking care of the ball (only 8 turnovers tonight), they just miss way too many shots to make that meaningful.
- Kris Humphries looks good, and he looks like he is trying to make the most of this opportunity. 15 points on 5-7 shooting. He had a tremendous block of Roy Hibbert, and he showed his basketball IQ on a play by “pulling the chair on Hibbert” forcing the turnover. He looked real good.
- Six minutes…