The Nets kicked off the second half of their season in style, beating the Charlotte Bobcats 103-94 on the road tonight, notching their fifth victory of the season.
- Courtney Lee, Devin Harris and Brook Lopez supplied the offense for the Nets tonight, but they probably don’t pull this off tonight without Josh Boone, who in playing his first meaningful minutes in more than a month, scored 7 points and grabbed 8 rebounds, including an offensive board with just over a minute left in the game that lead to a Jarvis Hayes three, putting the nail in Charlotte’s coffin.
- Devin Harris had a great all around game with 17 points, 6 rebounds and 9 assists.
- Brook Lopez had 16 points and 3 blocks before fouling out in the fourth quarter.
- Courtney Lee scored 10 of his team-high 21 points in the first quarter, fueling an 31-point offensive barrage for the Nets in the quarter.
- The Nets shot 51.9 percent for the game, against one of the league’s better defenses. They also outrebounded Charlotte 47-36.
- Terrence Williams (4 points) had an amazing one-handed dunk in the second quarter from just past the free throw line. Wonder if someone was trying to make a statement regarding the participants in this past weekend’s Slam Dunk Competition.