The Nets were able to use a great 2nd quarter to get enough separation to hold on for the win in the fourth.
- Can we put the Brook and Yi stuff to rest? It was just a bad stretch for the big guy, and seeing that he is 21, it was bound to happen. Yi (and Dooling to some extent) is actually going to open things up for Brook. People have been talking about his lack of touches, but that has been happening all year.
- How awesome is it to have balance? 6 guys, yup let me repeat that, 6 guys with double-digit scoring outputs. All 5 starters Yi (22), Brook (21), CDR (17), Devin (17), Lee (10), and Dooling (12) off the bench were all in double figures.
- Did you notice that the Knicks didn’t go zone, even though it was very effective last meeting? Well that is what the shooting threat of Yi and Dooling does for you.
- Devin looked real good again tonight. Keeping his turnovers down, getting his assists, and scoring. Let’s hope he can keep this going.
- The Nets only attempted 7 threes, they got a whole bunch of points in the paint, which is awesome.
- The Nets defense was great in the fourth quarter. The offense got cold during a stretch, and that is usually when opponent’s leads expand and their leads dwindle. Not tonight, the defense stepped up and held the lead.
- Brook Lopez stealing the ball and starting a fast break is the greatest thing I have seen all year. Bring on the Cavs!