The Minnesota Timberwolves (1-0) defeated the Nets (0-1) 95-93 in Minnesota last night on a heartbreaking last second shot by Damien Wilkins.
- Well, we knew this team would take its lumps this season, but the Nets lead throughout this game by as many as 19 points, but were outscored 31-15 in the 4th quarter and just seemed lost and lethargic on the offensive end when it matter most.
- Brook Lopez was dominant for three quarters before falling apart with the rest of his team in fourth. Still, he finished with 27 points, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks and 4 assists.
- Yi Jianlian finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds, but committed a lane violated with 1:47 left on a Brook Lopez free throw which costs the Nets a point.
- The Nets held the Wolves to 37 percent shooting but turned the ball over 22 times.
- Terrence Williams had a spectacular debut, scoring 15 points and 10 rebounds, but was sitting in the game’s waning moments until the final play.
- The much talked about “Wildcat” rotation of Devin Harris-Courtney Lee-Chris Douglas-Roberts-Terrence Williams-Brook Lopez did not see a lot of time on the court, but was on the floor for the final play, where the small lineup was beat on an offensive rebound and a putback.
- Jarvis Hayes left the game in the first quarter with a hamstring injury.