As if the Nets haven’t tortured us enough this season, it took them two overtimes before falling to a depleted Miami Heat 94-86 in the season finale tonight in Miami.The Nets finished the 2009-10 season 12-70.
- The Nets were down double digits headed into the third quarter, but the bench got them back into this game, as Devin Harris and Terrence Williams sat out the fourth quarter and both overtimes and Chris Quinn ran the point. Quinn rewarded Kiki Vandeweghe with 5 points and 7 rebounds.
- Yi Jianlian finished his season on a high note with 23 points and 15 rebounds. Courtney Lee chipped in with 17 points and 6 rebounds.
- Brook Lopez finished with 12 points and 7 rebounds and had just about as bad as an overtime that you can have when he turned the ball over three times in the first OT. Of course, Lopez had been sitting for a bulk of the fourth quarter.
- Josh Boone had 8 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 badly missed free throws off the bench.
- The Heat, who were without Dwyane Wade, were led by Michael Beasley, who finished with 25 points, 13 rebounds and 3 blocks before fouling out. Mario Chalmers finished with 15 points and 7 assists and was 3-9 from three.