The Nets used a strong second half to help change this game from a Memphis laugher into a close game, but the Grizzlies ultimately pulled away in the fourth quarter, topping New Jersey 107-101.
- Courtney Lee had another off-the-charts game for the Nets, scoring 30 points on 13-20 shooting. He also grabbed 5 rebounds and 2 steals. The way he’s played lately, the hype surrounding this kid entering the season is finally starting to make sense.
- Devin Harris was right behind Lee, finishing with 28 points, 5 assists and a blocked shot.
- Tough night for Brook Lopez, who was out of sync early and never got it going, scoring 10 points on 3-10 shooting, though he did add 7 rebounds and surprisingly 6 assists, including a behind the back pass to Harris in the first that led to a three-pointer.
- Little bit of everything tonight for Terrence Williams, finishing with 14 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists.
- Nice effort for emergency starter Josh Boone tonight, finishing with 6 points and 9 rebounds.
- The Memphis offense was led by Mike Conley, who was unconciously hot in the first half, and finished with 21 points on 9-18 shooting. Rudy Gay also scored 21 points, and grabbed 10 rebounds.
- Memphis scored 67 points in the first half, but only shot 29 percent in the third quarter which allowed the Nets to pull back into the game where they were down double-digits for a majority of the first half.
- Kris Humphries was brutal on offense, finishing 1-7 and 2 points, but he made a number of great defensive plays in the second half, and collected 3 blocks.