The nightmare that is the 2009-10 New Jersey Nets season hit a lower low tonight as they fell to the Pacers 91-83 to start the year 0-11.
- The good news is, the Nets held a pretty good offense to 91 points tonight. The bad new is, the Nets couldn’t capitalize and shot 36 percent from the field and turned the ball over 19 times.
- Huge night for Brook Lopez who finished with 26 points (on 27! shots), 16 rebounds and 5 blocks.
- Brook’s counterpart in the middle, Roy Hibbert, was pretty good himself, finishing with 19 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks.
- Chris Douglas-Roberts looks to have all of the swine flu out of him, posting his first career double-double with 27 points and 12 rebounds.
- Rough night for Rafer Alston, who finished with 14 points, but was 2-12 from the field and turned the ball over 5 times. He did collect 4 steals.
- Danny Granger had a quiet 22 points on 6-16 shooting. Fortunately for the Pacers, Hibbert and Dahntay Jones had his back. Jones finished with 17 points.
- Indiana started both the first and second halves on 7-0 runs.
The Nets get a chance to earn their first win tomorrow night, but it won’t be easy as they draw the 5-3 Milwaukee Bucks and their rookie sensation Brandon Jennings on the road.