Before we get to the recap, just wanted to apologize for not getting a game preview up. Anyone in the tri-state area knows how crazy the weather is right now, and I actually just got my power back in the middle of the third quarter. Kind of wish the power didn’t come on when it did, as the Nets lost to the Rockets, 116 to 108.
- It was the Luis Scola show. With Brook battling foul trouble all night (his 5th foul was very questionable), Scola was able to get a few easy buckets, which lead him to get hot, and then all of a sudden he had 44 points on 20-25 shooting.
- Even with Scola going absolutely nuts, the Nets were in this game late, down 2 in the middle of the fourth. Devin missed a forced jumper, Terrence Williams turned the ball over, and all of a sudden the lead grew to 9. That was the game.
- Courtney Lee looked like he finally shook the hand injury, and he shot 10-14 from the field (including 3-4 from three) for 24 points.
- Brook Lopez and Devin Harris also contributed putting in 20+ with good shooting percentage.
- Terrence Williams put up 14 points and Jarvis Hayes scored 16, though 9 of Hayes’ points came late in the 4th as the Nets were trying to claw back in it.
- As you can tell from the score the Nets played well offensively, but you can’t let a guy like Scola put up 44 and let the Rockets’ real scorers (Kevin Martin, Aaron Brooks) still get theirs. Martin had 20 and Brooks put up 18.