You know how they say during a blow-out “the score isn’t indicative of the game?” Well, tonight, it wasn’t as close as the scored said. The Nets were able to cut the lead down to 10 at one point in the fourth, but that was with the Nuggets backups in the game. Carmelo sat out the final 10 minutes. The Nets didn’t really show any fight tonight, and I guess that was the real sad thing.
- Brook Lopez accumulated 3 fouls in 6 minutes during the first half, and CDR had 3 fouls early in the 2nd as well. Maybe if they get going in the first half, this is a different game. They finished with 5 and 4 points respectively.
- For some reason Lawrence Frank was determined to play small ball today. It didn’t work. With Trenton Hassell playing a lot of minutes at the 4, he was forced to cover the Kenyon while CDR/Lee/T.Williams was on Carmelo. The Nuggets finished with 60 points in the paint. Now you could play Sean Williams and Brook together because he wasn’t on the court enough, but Josh Boone has the size to stay with K-Mart. Yeah, he can’t do anything on the offensive end, but it makes the match-ups easier.
- Carmelo took one shot outside 20 feet.
- Rafer Alston and Devin Harris both lead the Nets with 19 points.
- Terrence Williams quietly had a good game, 14 points on 5 of 11 shooting along with 2 rebounds.
- Trying to be positive, the Nets did a terrific job of getting to the line tonight, getting there 36 times making 26 of them.