Welp, the Nets continued their 0-2010 run with a 106 to 95 loss to the Clippers. The Nets used a garbage time run to make things closer than it really was. At one point in the third, the Nets were able to cut the lead to 7 points, but they then hit the wall they normally do, and they just stopped scoring. Part of it was Brook had to come out of the game, but the Nets once again settled for shots.
- Yi had his first really bad game since returning from injury. 13 points on 3-13 shooting, but a lot of those points came in the fourth during garbage time. Yi looked like the Yi of old, refusing to attack the basket and settling for jumpers. I can’t wait to read about how Yi is struggling and he now sucks. It is just one game people.
- Kris Humphries on the other hand had a great game. He took a few bad shots, but other than that, he played great. Humphries had 21 points on 9-14 shooting with 7 rebounds, and he just had an energy about his game.
- Brook Lopez had a great game in the post today. He had his back to the basket game really clicking, and he was able to finish with a nice touch around the basket. Brook finished with 23 points on 10-13 shooting.
- Besides that 39 point first quarter, the Nets played ok on defense, which is an upgrade from where they have been the past couple of games. The lack of offense really hurt the Nets today.
- The Nets did something real interesting today, the put Courtney Lee on Baron Davis, sliding Devin Harris on Eric Gordon. It worked (kind of). Davis was held to 9 points and 9 assists.