The Boston Celtics (2-1) defeated the Nets 100-93 this afternoon at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. Here are some notes from the game:
- Courtney Lee saw his first preseason action for the Nets, playing 29 minutes off the bench and scoring 11 points on 3-9 shooting, including 1-4 from three.
- Rafer Alston got the start in place of Devin Harris today, who sat with an ankle injury. Alston had 4 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds in 33 minutes.
- Yi Jianlian had his finest preseason game to date, with 20 points on 8-15 shooting and 8 boards before fouling out after playing 33 minutes.
- Josh Boone also had a coming out party, scoring 14 points and grabbing 7 boards in 24 minutes off the bench.
- Terrence Williams got the start at the SF today while Jarvis Hayes got a curious DNP – Coache’s Decision. Coming into the preseason, Hayes was unofficially declared the starting three but was off the bench Friday against the Sixers and didn’t log a single minute today. TWill was unimpressive today, scoring 3 points on 1-5 shooting.
- Brook Lopez continues to put up monster numbers in the preseason. Today, he had 21 points in 23 minutes, getting to the free throw line 14 times and sinking 11. He also chipped in with 8 board and 3 blocks,
- The Nets allowed the Celtics to shoot 7-18 (39 percent) from beyond the arc.
- The Nets as a team had 18 assists to go along with 18 turnovers.
- I know these games don’t count, but it would be nice to see the Nets win a game soon.
The Nets play their next game at “home” on Tuesday at the Prudential Center in Newark against these Celtics.