The Nets (2-22) looked good for the first 12 minutes tonight, but were inevitably picked apart by the Hawks (17-6), losing 130-107 in Atlanta.
- The Nets actually looked pretty good offensively tonight, scoring 107 points on 50.6 percent shooting, but there was little effort on the defensive end, as they gave up 130 points to the Hawks.
- How do you shoot more than 50 percent and still lose by 23 points? Well, it starts by getting outrebounded 51-38. Then consider the Hawks were 11-17 from three, compared with 5-10 for the Nets, and Atlanta also was 21-29 from the free throw line, compared with 14-19 for the Nets.
- Devin Harris may have had his best game of the season so far with 23 points and 9 assists on 9-18 shooting.
- Another solid night for Brook Lopez with 19 points and 12 reboundso n 8-12 shooting.
- Terrence Williams looked solid off the bench, scoring 18 points and grabbing 7 rebounds. Most importantly, he scored most of his points in the paint, and was 2-5 from outside of 15 feet.
- Rafer Alston had another miserable game with two points on 0-8 shooting in 23 minutes of action backing up Devin Harris.
- Trenton Hassell taking the place of Chris Douglas-Roberts had an efficient 13 points on 6-6 shooting.
- Maurice Evans led all Hawks scorers with 22 points. Free agent to be Joe Johnson chipped in 21 points and 10 assists.
- Sean Williams got 7+minutes of garbage time tonight and managed to record 3 blocks.