It was just another Nets/Hawks match-up, as Atlanta blew away New Jersey for the third straight time this season, winning 108-84 at the Izod Center tonight. It was the 14th consecutive loss at home for the Nets, who now have 15 games left to secure three victories to avoid all-time infamy.
- It was a career night for Josh Boone who finished with 13 points and 20 rebounds. He even sunk two free throws in the first quarter.
- Brook Lopez finished with 21 points on 8-15 shooting, but only 4 rebounds.
- Nice night off the bench for Terrence Williams, who finished with 15 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. He picked up a flagrant foul at the end of the game which I don’t blame him for. Want me to explain? Read “Thoughts on the Game” tomorrow.
- But that was it for the Nets, highlight-wise. They shot 38 percent for the game, turned the ball over 16 times and only scored 17 points in the second quarter (while allowing 33).
- Jamal Crawford was unstoppable off the bench, scoring 25 points on 11-18 shooting. They also got a strong performance from Marvin Williams (15 points, 5 rebounds) and Al Horford (15 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists).