Tonight, the New Jersey Nets will take on the Boston Celtics at the TD Garden. Here’s some important facts about tonight’s matchup:
- The Nets are coming off a big win over the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday, with three wins in the last five games. In that stretch, the Nets have beaten Dallas, New York and Chicago, but have lost to Orlando and Milwaukee.
- Boston has won their last two over Cleveland and Milwaukee.
- Brook Lopez who is again expected to be playing tonight after returning to dominant form against the Mavs on Tuesday.
- The Celtics currently rank 29th in scoring, where as the Nets rank 14th. The Nets’ scoring numbers and defense have both been strong in the three big wins, and for the Nets to pull out a W here, they are going to need to continue that effort.
- MarShon Brooks will be going against the team who traded him again this season. If you remember, the last time the Nets and Celtics faced off was Brooks’ first start, who scored fifteen in the first half. I look for him to a have another big game, as he won’t be the best Nets suiting up like he was last time.
- The Nets and the Celtics are two teams deep in the rumor mill. I imagine questions regarding the futures of Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo to be hot topics during pre-game festivities.
Feel free to vent or celebrate depending on the outcome right in this thread. Go Nets!