No 3-on-3 for this weekend edition, so here are some bullet points on tonight’s game:
- The Nets will start Deron Williams, MarShon Brooks, Anthony Morrow, Kris Humphries, and Johan Petro. Regular backup starter Shelden Williams injured his wrist yesterday and is limited.
- Manu Ginobili, out for 22 games after fracturing his fifth metacarpal (think Brook Lopez’s injury, but on your hand), returns to the Spurs roster tonight, though he’s not expected to play much. Before Ginobili’s injury, he posted a 35.1 PER in 5 games, shot 60% from the floor and 52% from deep in five games. They went 15-7 in his absence.
- The Nets are now 8-20 after dropping last night’s game in Detroit, 3-9 at home.
- The Spurs lead the Southwest Division with an 18-9 record, but are just 5-8 on the road.
- The Spurs rank first in the NBA in offensive transition efficiency and pick-and-roll bigs efficiency. The Nets rank 28th and 30th defending in transition and the bigs on pick-and-rolls, respectively.
Enjoy the game. I hope we do. Since I’ll be in the arena, Net Worth will come either late tonight or tomorrow.