No 3-on-3 for the weekend, but here are some important points on today’s game:
- The Nets are 8-23 and losers of their last 8, while Chicago is 25-7 and first in the Eastern Conference.
- As far as injuries go, Chicago will be without Derrick Rose and Rip Hamilton. The Nets are still without Shawne Williams and Mehmet Okur, but more importantly, will still be without Brook Lopez who is expected to make his Nets season debut tomorrow night at home against the Bucks.
- The Nets have already played two ugly games against Chicago, losing 110-95 and 108-87 respectively. The Bulls shot an average of 57% in those two contests, while New Jersey shot 43%.
- Led by Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer, the Bulls currently lead the NBA in rebounding, the Nets rank #26. Expect the paint presence to be a little more dominant once we get a seven-footer back under the basket.
- One thing the Nets are good at this season is shooting the three, where they rank 2nd in makes and attempts. Chicago’s perimeter defense gives up 33% behind the arc this season, so I look for the Nets to take a lot of threes today. We will see if this pays off.
Look for the Net Worth right after the game. Let’s go Nets!