Tonight, the New Jersey Nets take on the Charlotte Bobcats at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte. Here are some important facts on the game:
- The 11-26 Nets are coming off a blow-out loss to the Boston Celtics on Friday. Charlotte has only won one game of the last 21, with that win coming against Toronto.
- The Nets have already beaten the Bobcats at home this season, with a final score of 97-87.
- Again, the player to watch will be Brook Lopez. Brook, for the second straight game, was the Nets leading scorer on Friday, but only put up three rebounds. I definitely expect this number to go up against a weak Bobcats front court, who currently rank 29th in the league in total rebounds.
- The Nets have had a very up-and-down last six games, winning against sure playoff teams–Bulls, Knicks, Mavs–and losses against borderline playoff teams–Bucks, Magic, Celtics. The Bobcats are definitely not making the playoffs, so statistics should suggest an easy win for the Nets. Unfortunately, unless a major turn around occurs, the Nets are also not making the postseason. Ugly basketball will likely ensue.
- Match-up of the game: Deron Williams versus DJ Augustin. The two best players on each team play the same position, which should make for an interesting point guard battle. The Nets’ supporting cast, however, is much better than the Bobcats’.
Net Worth coming right after the buzzer. Go Nets!