If the Nets win but aren’t on TV…did it actually happen? The answer is of course! The Nets picked up their 24th win of the season, beating the Timberwolves by two.
A quick recap of the game:
- With this win, the Nets crawled to just one game under .500 at home (19-20). Going forward this is obviously a number we’d like to have over .500, but with some of the dismal crowds we’ve seen this season, I’m not surprised our home court “advantage” isn’t better.
- DERON WILLIAMS. He’s had a few opportunities to make big shots for us in his early Net career and I’m glad he came through tonight, because there is no doubt Williams is a clutch player. His jumper with 1.7 seconds left was the eventual winner and there is certainly no one else I’d want to have the ball in his hands with the game on the line.
- Williams simply was the best player on the floor tonight, scoring 18 points and handing out 21 assists. But will this be the last we see of him for this season? The Nets beat was tweeting after the game that Williams will not make the trip to Detroit and is likely out for the season, but then later said he’s a possibility to play against New York on Friday.
- He’s doing all this with one hand, I can’t wait to see his production when 100% healthy.
- Brookie Monster was in full effect tonight. 13 of 23 from the field for 30 points and 12 rebounds. Great to see Brook being effective and quasi-dominant. Brook’s season has been up and down, but his play as been steadily good, especially since the addition of Williams. Plus its always a great sign when Brook puts up good rebounding numbers as that has been a huge area of concern for him this season.
- Sasha “The Machine” Vujacic grabs a career high 10 rebounds. I did not see that one coming.
- Pretty surprised Mike D’Antoni had no use for Anthony Randolph. The new T-Wolf showed plenty of energy and an array of skills in a tall and long package. Secured a double-double in 30 minutes off the bench. I would have to imagine he will be in Minnesota’s long term plans as a guy that skilled in that type of body is hard to find.
Here is the live look of Deron Williams’ go ahead jumper: