Hey, did someone swipe Joe Johnson in? That’s against the law.
Some notes with Moreyball and Hollinsball set to clash at Barclays Center Tuesday night:
- It’s Joe Johnson Bobblehead Night at Barclays Center. There are 10,000 bobbleheads available. Given that the Nets have had a few nights with below 13,000 fans (and their games against the Warriors and Lakers skew their overall attendance numbers), there’s a good chance you’ll get one if you attend the game. This concludes your “How To Get A Joe Johnson Bobblehead” update.
- Zach Lowe of ESPN.com was already down the Nets’ top 5-man lineup, which will change shakeup following Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s ankle injury: “Is it impolite to dance on a lineup’s grave?” Lowe also heaps praise on the Shane Larkin-Brook Lopez duo, particularly for the difference in pure foot speed between the two.
- Andrea Bargnani (hamstring) now hasn’t played in over a week. He’s the only day-to-day injury, with McCullough and Hollis-Jefferson out long-term.
- I’m a fan of dark humor, so I’ll admit this made me laugh.
- A few Nets players spoke about Hollis-Jefferson’s injury Tuesday morning, but none distilled it better than Jarrett Jack: “it sucks.” Hollis-Jefferson’s surgery will come sometime this week, with Wednesday a likely target.
- Steve Lichtenstein: if Lionel Hollins gets ousted, Billy King should be next in line.