The Brooklyn Nets punched their ticket to the first round of the NBA playoffs with Tuesday’s win over the Cleveland Cavaliers in the play-in round. That sets the stage for a rematch with the Boston Celtics in the opening round, which begins on Easter Sunday.
They will enter this year’s playoffs as the seven seed after winning the 7-8 matchup in the play-in tournament, which means that they will not have home-court advantage. The first playoff game of the year at Barclays Center will not come until Game 3 on Saturday, April 23.
Game 4 and if necessary Game 6 will also take place in Brooklyn. The Nets will benefit from having two days off in between Game 1 and Game 2 in Boston and in between Game 3 and Game 4 at Barclays Center, in addition to a two-day break as the series shifts from Boston to Brooklyn.
The Nets are 12-3 all-time against the Celtics in the postseason and in their only playoff matchup, since the franchise moved to Brooklyn, the Nets took the series in five games. The Nets went 1-3 against the Celtics this season in four meetings that each had a different feel to them.
Below is the full schedule for the first-round series between Brooklyn and Boston.
- Game 1: Brooklyn vs. Boston | Sunday, April 17 | 3:30 ET | ABC
- Game 2: Brooklyn vs. Boston | Wednesday, April 20 | 7 ET | TNT
- Game 3: Boston vs. Brooklyn | Saturday, April 23 | TBD | ESPN
- Game 4: Boston vs. Brooklyn | Monday, April 25 | TBD | TBD
- Game 5*: Brooklyn vs. Boston | Wednesday, April 27 | TBD | TBD
- Game 6*: Boston vs. Brooklyn | Friday, April 29 | TBD | TBD
- Game 7*: Brooklyn vs. Boston | Sunday, May 1 | TBD | TBD