You may not have seen it, but the Brooklyn Nets won their Thursday night preseason game over the Detroit Pistons 93-83 at the Palace at Auburn Hills in Detroit, pushing their preseason record up to a robust 1-1.
There was no TV or radio broadcast of the game, but here’s the skinny:
- Nine Nets players sat out: Andrea Bargnani, Bojan Bogdanovic, Markel Brown, Jarrett Jack, Joe Johnson, Sergey Karasev, Chris McCullough, Willie Reed, and Thomas Robinson.
- The starters? Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Thaddeus Young, Brook Lopez. Larkin & Lopez led the Nets each with 17 points, with Lopez adding nine rebounds.
- The bench? All players on training camp contracts. Justin Harper led the way in bench minutes played, scoring 11 points on 5-10 shooting. Donald Sloan led the team with seven assists. Here’s Sloan hitting former Pistons forward Quincy Miller for a slam.
- As a team, the Nets shot 43.6 percent from the field, hitting 10 of 21 three-pointers.
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson made this face.
— Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) October 9, 2015
The Nets play next on Saturday, against the Philadelphia 76ers for a neutral-court game in Albany, NY.