|DeShawn Stevenson, SG 20 MIN | 0-4 FG | 0-0 FT | 1 REB | 1 AST | 0 PTS | -32
No point in burying DeShawn now. Let’s just say him missing every single shot he took is perhaps a fitting way to end his disappointing season.
|Gerald Green, SG 25 MIN | 4-13 FG | 0-1 FT | 5 REB | 2 AST | 10 PTS | -13
Wasn’t particularly affective, but did manage just one last head above the rim dunk to draw some “ooh’s and ahh’s” from the crowd.
|Jordan Williams, F 39 MIN | 5-13 FG | 0-0 FT | 10 REB | 0 AST | 10 PTS | -12
Recorded a double-double, but also couldn’t corral Ed Davis at all on the other end. He played solid and really earned a place on this team, however, and tonight didn’t look so bad in comparison to everyone else.
|Sundiata Gaines, G 23 MIN | 1-5 FG | 5-8 FT | 2 REB | 2 AST | 7 PTS | -18
Well…he tries really hard.
|MarShon Brooks, G 31 MIN | 4-17 FG | 1-1 FT | 4 REB | 1 AST | 9 PTS | -25
Was visibly frustrated tonight. His shot didn’t fall and while he was playing the role of creator, his teammates weren’t hitting shots. Don’t worry MarShon…it won’t always be like this. Then again, he does play for the Nets…
|Johan Petro, C 39 MIN | 4-9 FG | 1-2 FT | 12 REB | 2 AST | 9 PTS | -22
He’ll go down in history as the last having the last FGA in New Jersey and now also as the last New Jersey Net to have a made field goal. Oh and tonight he was his normal awful self.
Five Things We Saw
- Although the record was in play the entire night, the Nets scrounged up just enough offense to surpass their franchise low point total of 62 set back in 1997.
- From Devin’s (@uuords) timeline: NJ lottery situation still murky, won’t be settled until after SAC-LA. what you need to know: Cavs losing = bad, Hornets winning = good.
- Also, with the end of the season means its the end to our Net Worth game recaps for this year. We hope you all enjoyed reading these as much as we enjoyed writing them. Thanks for reading. More on the site tomorrow.
- Bruce Ratner has been threatening to move the Nets to Brooklyn dating back to 2005. That cloud of uncertainty has hung over this franchise since then. Once plans finalized for the Nets eventual move to BK, they have been a lame duck franchise in New Jersey. The long wait is finally over and the Nets of New Jersey are no longer. This much we know; next season there will be a Nets team playing in Brooklyn and it is likely to be coached by Avery Johnson. Almost every other facet of the Nets roster personnel at this point, however, is unclear.
- And with that…#HelloBrooklyn.