– Members of Team USA continued to praise Mason Plumlee, but it was Coach Tom Thibodeau who compared Plumlee to future Hall of Famer Kevin Garnett. Tim Bontemps of the New York Post reported Thibodeau saying, “He’s a great communicator. You see that he sees things early. He’s a multiple-effort guy. That’s what Kevin [Garnett] is, and any time a young guy has an opportunity to be around a guy like Kevin, it’s very beneficial. “Kevin is a great player and just the way Mason developed last season, I thought he had a great year and I think it’s carrying over into the summer. He’s a guy that plays with a lot of confidence.”
– Mirza Teletovic likes his Turkish coffee strong and thinks American food is fast and high caloric. NetsDaily was able to translate an interview of Mirza, where the Nets forward talks about everything from life in the States to his charity work with children.
– In case anyone missed it, ex-Net Andray Blatche led the Philippines with 33 points and 17 rebounds in a game against Angola. Apparently he’s fallen in love with the 3, something Nets fans wouldn’t be too surprised to hear. This was courtesy of Smart Gilas Basketball, your one stop shop for all of your Filipino basketball needs.
– Bontemps just keeps bringing the good news for Nets fans, reporting that Brook is out of a walking boot and began running a little over a week ago.
– Scott Howard-Cooper of Hang Time Blog called the Nets vs. Bucks game on November 19th in Brooklyn one of the top ten most intriguing games this season.
– Here’s Marquis Teague doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.