Brooklyn Revolution is a revolutionary podcast covering the Brooklyn Nets. On Episode 13, Sandy Mui and Ben Nadeau discuss how the Isaiah Thomas/Kyrie Irving trade affects the Nets and the latest free agency rumors.
In this long, arduous offseason, the Brooklyn Nets have only traded for players. However, last week, they were indirectly affected by another trade involving two Eastern Conference teams: the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers. With their 2018 first-round pick included in the deal, much of the speculation about who won the trade has revolved around the Nets’ anticipated performance next season. Additionally, while the Nets have not signed any free agents, one name (a big!) has sprung up in recent rumors.
[iframe width=”100%” height=”120″ src=”https://www.mixcloud.com/widget/iframe/?hide_cover=1&light=1&feed=%2FBrooklynRevolution%2Fepisode-13-isaiah-thomaskyrie-irving-trade-latest-free-agency-rumors%2F” frameborder=”0″]
Episode 13’s Key Points
Isaiah Thomas/Kyrie Irving trade
- Details of trade
- Reactions of general NBA fans
- How this trade affects the Nets
Dissecting ambivalent attitudes surrounding the Nets
- Nets will be “better” and exceed expectations: Nets players’ comments on playoff chances, which teams they could finish higher than, where their pick (now with Cleveland) could fall
- Nets will perform as expected: projections, mean tweets, what else it will take for casual NBA fans to take them seriously
Latest free agency rumors
- Jared Sullinger: Is he the answer for a Nets big?
- Are the Nets finished making moves this offseason?