Let’s play “guess the NBA player.” Here are your clues:
1) He has strongly developed opinions on the DC vs. Marvel rivalry
2) He was excited to meet the CEO of Duck Dynasty because his girlfriend loves the show
3) He’s friends and charitable partners with former US President Bill Clinton
4) He would try to pump up his team by showing them Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
4) He is not on any social media, but made an Instagram account for his cat.
The answer? Duh.
Brook Lopez is absolutely irreplaceable.
Adam Figman of SLAM sat down with Lopez and talked to him about all of these, along with Lopez’s charity work in Africa this summer, Gerald Wallace’s addiction to Reese’s Pieces, and how unsurprised he was that Reggie Evans knew the members of Duck Dynasty. I mean, I’m not really surprised either. They probably have a beard club they all attend where they sit around and laugh at people who shave.
Also important: Lopez loses his walking boot today.
Read the full interview with Brook Lopez the Charming here.