Here’s Wednesday’s Nets news and notes from around the ‘Nets:
- What do you do after giving up 101 relatively easy points to a non-NBA team? You practice the basics of your defense.
- Lionel Hollins on Brook Lopez shooting threes: “You guys think about stuff I don’t even think about.” It’s not clear what the Nets are going to do offensively this year, but if they stick to the principles that Hollins instilled in the second half of last season, there should be opportunities for Lopez to step back. Here, watch that Brook Lopez three-pointer again.
- Speaking of Brook Lopez, he’s the only Nets player to make the top 100 in ESPN’s #NBARank, with Joe Johnson (102) and Thaddeus Young (105) just missing the cut. The Nets are just one of two teams to have just one player in the top 100, the other being the Portland Trail Blazers & Damian Lillard.
- HoopsHype previews the Brooklyn Nets.
- Quote from Lionel Hollins on why the Nets lost to Turkish club Fenerbahce Ulker that didn’t make it into our 10 Things We Saw: “My understanding is that they’ve been practicing since September and this is their fifth game. We’ve been practicing for five days, and this is our first game. So there’s a big difference. Through all that being said, we were right there and had our chances, and (if) we make a couple of free throws, make a layup, maybe we win the game. So it was still a good ball game in spite of all that.”
- Former Nets forward & Bosnian bomber Mirza Teletovic, now in Phoenix with the Suns, talked his tenure in Brooklyn: “Playing in Brooklyn for the Nets, we always had a veteran team, playing older guys that we really couldn’t run that much. We try not to exhaust ourselves.”
- Not directly Nets-related, but if you play daily fantasy sports, things might start changing.