Here’s the latest Nets news and notes from around the ‘Nets:
- The Nets aren’t surprised Deron Williams is thriving in Dallas. “Thriving” may be a bit strong, but he’s seen a slight uptick in his production since leaving Brooklyn.
- In the above, Lionel Hollins on Andrea Bargnani, out with a hamstring injury: “Why do you keep asking me about Andrea every day? … Don’t ask nobody. When he’s ready to play, they’ll tell him, he’ll tell me and I’ll tell you.”
- We rarely self-link in Around the ‘Nets — poor taste, right? — but if you haven’t seen the Lopez twins lightsaber fight, you really need to.
- Barclays Center: now with free shoe shines.
- This four-year borough rivalry-ish has seen Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony, the Lopez twins, Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett, Amar’e Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, and Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd (on both sides), and the biggest star of Friday night’s game is… KRISTAPSSSSSS. PORZINGISSSSS.
- Speaking of inter-borough connections, Shane Sparkin’ Larkin said he doesn’t need any added juice when it comes to playing the Knicks, especially after Phil Jackson’s “tiny hands” offseason comment: “they didn’t grow at all,” Larkin said. Same here, Shane. Same here.
What I don’t have in common with Shane Larkin: I haven’t hit 15 of my last 24 three-pointers. Larkin has.