The latest Nets news and notes around the ‘net:
- For the New York Daily News, Mitch Abrahmson with a fascinating profile on Nets rookie Chris McCullough, who says he is willing to sit out the season to rehab his torn ACL, but vows to, as Abrahmson puts it, “stick it to the haters and roust the sleepers.”
- A defense of Brooklyn’s mediocrity which places a value on competing for wins over outright tanking. (Though one note: the Nets starting lineup as of today won’t have Andrea Bargnani, as the writer surmises.)
- Will Brook Lopez compete for an All-Star spot?
- Rough week for Bojan Bogdanovic, who followed up an ankle injury in Eurobasket by sustaining a concussion:
Dragi moji, šta da vam kažem, stvarno nemam sreće zadnja dva tjedna. Doktori mi kažu da ne smijem večeras na teren, ali ja želim i napravit ću sve da zaigram protiv Grčke i pomognem ekipi. Cijelu godinu čekam ovo prvenstvo! Voli vas Babo i hvala vam što se brinete. #ćaćasevraća #popobjeduvečeras #eurobasket #volivasbabo #sretnanovagodina #iznadsvihHrvatska #VjerujemuHrvatsku — Dear friends, what can I say, the second injury in just over a week. The luck obviously doesn't follow me recently. The desire to play is so strong that I want to jump out of the bed and go on the court to help the boys against Greece but the doctors say I need to rest tonight. We'll see. #Eurobasket2015 #IbelieveinCroatia #AllForOne #GoStrong
If you want to see video of the fall, it’s here. Don’t watch it.
- Ian Eagle speaks. As always, you should listen.