Welp. Well you are 0-9, that is kind of how it works huh? The Nets played great tonight, but great wasn’t enough as the Heat win 81-80. The Heat came down and hit two big threes to take out the Nets, winning by 1. Some quick bullets:
- Richardson banks in a three. Wade hits one at the buzzer. Sometimes, it just feels like this team isn’t supposed to win.
- Both threes were defended well. Just better offense…that and luck…
- I felt very smart today when Marv and Mike talked about how Brook Lopez was floating too much. He did it again tonight, but at the end, finished in the post. He was even floating when he wasn’t setting the screens, they need to run some sets to get him in the post.
- The Nets held Dwyane Wade to only 22 (he has been averaging over 30), but let Udonis Haslem go off for a new career high.
- Chris Douglas-Roberts looks to be back, he was getting in the lane finishing and drawing fouls, a good sign to see.
- If Sean Williams can do that (I am not even talking about scoring, I am talking about the energy) every night, I will be a very happy man.
- The one place where the Nets struggled was on the defensive boards. At one point, they gave the Heat four attempts at the basket.
- Who knew that Trenton Hassell could play with his back to the basket in the post?
- All in all great effort, and I am very confident we can go into these next three games and get at least one win out of it.