Yesterday's Extensions

Home Forums NBA Yesterday's Extensions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by avatar jsalkin1 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jsalkin1

What does everyone think of yesterday’s extensions. My take:

Houston had to pay Harden. He’s worth it, and they made him their star player. They finally have their cornerstone
    Lawson’s deal is a no brainer
    Curry is overpaid if he cannot stay healthy, but he is a good value at $44 million if healthy. The Warriors are also capped out and you may as well keep him rather than lose him and sign guys with exceptions. Kind of like the Humphries overpay for Brooklyn
    Holiday is worth his extension, and keeping him helps show a commitment to Bynum
    I think the Bulls overpaid Gibson and the Raptors obviously overpaid Derozan. At some price I’d rather have flexibility than a player. I think Gibson’s deal signals Boozer’s eventual departure via trade. Perhaps to Brooklyn for Humphries?
    I was surprised the Bucks did not extend Jennings. He will get a deal along the lines of what Gordon got. The Warriors smartly extended Curry before he hit Gordon territory but the Bucks did not follow suit. I wonder if he’ll eventually leave Milwaukee. The Evans non signing was portended for a long time, but he can be a quality piece on the right team.

bballkidnj9

Hardena and Lawson I agree absoulute no brainers, Curry a steal if he stays healthy and a hugely overpaid if satys like he has been for the last 2 years.  Gibson is overpaid and in my opinion overvalued by everybody from the orginization to analyists on ESPN I must just not see what others see in him.  Derozen I laugh at the Raptors he has great athleticism but just is not worth that money.  Holliday is worth the extension and personally I like him a lot quality point guard.

DeRozan’s contract is nuts.

jsalkin1

Yes it is. I cannot believe that he got that deal. We had a lockout specifically to address these issues, but owners just cannot be saved from themselves. The Raptors do not seem to understand that as a middling team, players and cap space are both assets. $10 million in cap room is just a better asset to have than Derozan at that price.

WynnDuffy

I believe Taj’s contract is fair. What don’t you like about his game?

jsalkin1

I do like his game. I guess I feel he is a tad overpaid. Then again, who isn’t! In addition, I am definitely of the belief that Boozer should have a bag packed after this deal.

bballkidnj9

It’s not even that I don’t like Gibsons game its just everybody else seems to like his game a lot more than me I think he is good but not as good as everybody else says he is.

jsalkin1

I definitely see what you’re saying. Gibson is a nice role player, but won’t create any offense. Is that worth what he’s getting?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.