MarShon's Role

Home Forums Nets MarShon's Role

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by avatar brooklynbill 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Justin DeFeo

It’s obvious that Avery Johnson is trying to establish a consistent rotation, but where do you think MarShon will factor in?

He played 13 minutes against the Blazers on Sunday but then got a DNP vs. the Knicks on Monday.

It’s clear Avery is using Stackhouse as a floor spacer and likes the defense and shooting that Bogans brings.

Is MarShon just the odd man out?

its tough, especially given his role last season

but hopefully Marshon just sees this as an opportunity to win and learn from the vets

Eli

I can’t believe it! He should be starting if not that, just playing! It’s ridiculous! what does avery have against him!!?

Max Weisberg

I think at this point it’s a combination of the team winning, Jerry Stackhouse’s surge and Marshons lack of consistency. Avery loves (as do I) the contributions he’s getting from Stack and Bogans on both offense and defense and with a four game win streak (against some pretty good competition) I think Avery just isn’t going to fix something that’s not broken. Probably the most concerning thing for Brooks is his defense when he’s on the floor. Last time we saw him on the floor I believe it was against the Lakers where Metta World Piece drove right into him like he was a ghost.

It’s such a long season and I think once Stack cools down (if he cools down), we’ll see Marshon slowly come out of Avery’s doghouse. I think the same can be said for Mirza Teletovic but his situation is more about adjustment. Once these two, however, come back to the rotation, we will be awfully tough and deep.

WynnDuffy

Avery giveth, and Avery taketh away

Scott

But why is Childress getting minutes over Marshon?

Max Weisberg

Scott – It’s all about defense with this team. Childress is a much better defender than Marshon and with the bevy of offensive threats we have, Avery’s going to stick with the guys who can defend.

brooklynbill

As good of a scorer as Marshon is he has not taken care of the ball. He is still making rookie mistakes. Now thats he’s a second year player for one game according to the veterans he needs to put on his big boy pants.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.