Around the Nets Thursday: Brooklyn Net$
Official numbers from the Nets:
The Nets have no verbal agreement with Andrei Kirilenko, per team sources. But would team sources, anonymous or not, cop to one?
- -- The Brooklyn Nets sold more gear at Modell's in the first day of sales than New Jersey Nets gear all last season from the store;
- -- Brooklyn Nets merchandise represented 27% of total sales for that day on NBAStore.com and the NBA Store on Fifth Avenue combined;
- -- Brooklyn Nets ticket sales have now sold out of three price points;
- -- Traffic has increased on the team’s site by 1,700% since Monday;
- -- Brooklyn Nets merchandise has been the top seller of all NBA teams at NBAStore.com and at the NBA Store on Fifth Avenue;
- -- Most insanely, the Nets have sold twice as much merchandise through BrooklynNets.com than they sold through all outlets all last season. I bought one piece of Nets merchandise last season and two fitted hats on Monday, so, you're welcome.
Also in that article: Billy King plans to see Bojan Bogdanovic on May 9th at the Euroleague Final Four, where he'll play -- as will Kirilenko.
Avery Johnson is a big fan of a Germologist the horse. Previous Avery Johnson-loved horses include "SuperSaver" and "Brethren". No mention of "Troy Murphy".
This may shock you, but no Nets players received a vote in Defensive Player of the Year voting.
The Nets can have all the fancy merch they want, but it won't mean anything unless they build a winner.
Because a few folks have asked: the Nets' pick this year is essentially top-five protected. Given the lottery's structure, if the team doesn't strike the top three, Portland will pick somewhere between 6th and 9th. The most likely scenario is that the Blazers keep the pick at the sixth spot, but lotteries rarely go according to plan.
The Palisades Emergency Corp served its one millionth meal last night, and an ex-Net was on hand to serve it.
Three Springfield Armor players won all-D-League honors this season: Jeff Foote (All League 2nd team), Jerry Smith (All league 3rd Team, All-Defensive 1st Team), and Dennis Horner (All-League 3rd Team). JamesOn Curry received an honorable mention for All-League.