- First and foremost comes the most super-important part of today, both for this site and our current political climate: I'm now doing Nets Power Rankings for New York Magazine every Thursday. Tease: two members of the bench mob make the top five. One invented palindromes.
- We didn't really touch on this when it happened, but holy Joe Johnson:
(note: per request from @elonepb, I've switched out the NBA's version -- which had the Celtics call -- with Ian Eagle. Because, I mean, it's Ian Eagle.)
- Kevin Garnett has some choice words for Kris Humphries: "Dude's always been known to be out of control. He's always tried to play the tough guy or whatever role you want to do it. It was a little extra, but it comes with the territory and it comes with the game. ... I guess they're trying to hold up to the whole Brooklyn mentality."
- Even with Deron Williams' bumps and bruises, Billy King says there's no plan to rest his point guard.
- The Manhattan/New York Knicks are #1 in the NBA jersey sales... unless you count fairly.