The Orlando Magic (2-0) defeated the Nets (0-2) 95-85 at the Izod Center in New Jersey tonight.
- In his return to Jersey, Vince Carter scored the first two points of the game and scored 16 points in 15 minutes, but left the game late in the second quarter with what was described as an ankle sprain. He did not return for the Magic, nor was he necessarily needed.
- Dwight Howard put up 20 points and 20 rebounds, adding 4 blocks to boot.
- Overall, the Nets struggled from the field, shooting 38.3 percent from the field, with an offensive efficiency of 92.4.
- Brook Lopez battled foul trouble throughout the game and finished with 11 points and 5 rebounds.
- Yi Jianlian had another decent night with 12 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks.
- Devin Harris continues to struggle, finishing with 16 points on 6-18 shooting. He did chip in with 7 assists.
- Rafer Alston came off the bench with 10 points, shooting 2-4 from beyond the arc.