The Nets, who were without Devin Harris and Courtney Lee, put together their best performance of the season, netting their fourth win of the season, and first of 2010 by smacking down the Clippers 103-87 at the Izod Center tonight.
- The Nets were actually laughing at the end of the game. Not laughing out of relief like after their season's first victory against the Bobcats in December. Laughing in a way that looked like they actually enjoyed playing basketball for the first time this season.
- Sebastian looks like a genius after his lineup post yesterday, as foul trouble for Yi Jianlian forced Kris Humphries into major action tonight who didn't disappoint. Hump had 25 points on 10-14 shooting and 8 rebounds. Yi, who was limited to 15 minutes, finished with 6 points and 5 fouls. Your move Kiki.
- Terrence Williams showed you don't need to score to help your team win. He had 7 points, but more importantly he had 9 rebounds and 8 assists and played a terrific defensive game.
- After a slow start shooting-wise, Keyon Dooling turned it on late with 18 points and 8 assists, including a number of big jumpers in the fourth quarter.
- Another nice game for Brook Lopez, who finished with 19 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks.
- Nets held the Clippers to 42 percent shooting, and outrebounded them 42-38. The Nets also had 10 steals during an all-around solid defensive effort.