There's just something about the Nets losing these gut-wrenching games to the Miami Heat this season, huh? Tonight, the Nets lost a back and forth affair 87-84 at the Izod Center.
- The Heat were able to prevail playing most of the game without superstar Dwyane Wade who left with an injury early in the first quarter. Michael Beasley led the way for Miami, scoring 23 points and grabbing 11 rebounds. The Heat closed this game out on a 13-4 run.
- Devin Harris was in double digits early, but he finished with 18 points and 6 assists on 6-14 shooting.
- Courtney Lee had just an awful night, shooting 0-9 and scoring 2 points. In general, the Nets were awful from outside, shooting 1-15 from three.
- A double-double for Brook Lopez, who finished with 26 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks.
- Rafer Alston was 0-5 in his long awaited return to New Jersey, but he gets props for a crafty defensive play on Devin Harris with seconds to go and the Heat up 3, as he pulled the string on Harris in the post, throwing Devo off, who then missed the shot.