The Nets lost their third consecutive close game, falling to the Detroit Pistons 97-93 at the Izod Center tonight.
- The big story for the game was the return of Devin Harris, who had 24 points and 14 assists on 7-14 shooting. But he airballed a three in an attempt to tie the game with plenty of time left on the clock.
- Brook Lopez was equally big with 27 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks.
- Rip Hamilton carried Detroit down the stretch and finished with 22 points and 7 assists. Rodney Stuckey contributed 21 points and 8 assists.
- Really rough night for Yi Jianlian who finished with 3 points on 1-12 shooting.
- The 6th man era for Chris Douglas-Roberts got off to a rough start, as he was held scoreless in less than 10 minutes of play.
- Solid game for Courtney Lee with 15 points, 5 rebounds and 3 steals.
- Jarvis Hayes had 11 points on 5-10 shooting in his first start of the season.
- In a new note, Dave D'Alessandro is reporting that assistant coach Del Harris has opted out of his contract and leaving his position on the team.