The Nets hung with the Eastern Conference's best team for three quarters, and were within four points with about 4:40 left in the fourth before the Cleveland Cavaliers pulled away to win 94-86 in a matinee game at the Izod Center today.
- The Nets played a nice game defensively today, holding the Cavs to 39.5 percent shooting, including 4-14 from three-point land, but after shooting 52 percent in the first quarter and, the Nets only shot 33 percent for the rest of the game.
- The rebounding woes for the Nets continued as they were outboarded 52-38, and gave up 16 offensive rebounds.
- LeBron James had 28 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 blocks on Chris Douglas-Roberts.
- Solid game for Devin Harris, who finished with 22 points on 7-13 shooting, along with 6 assists and 5 rebounds. Brook Lopez also chipped in 20 points, getting 8 of them from the free throw line.
- Lopez had 4 assists, including a great backdoor pass to Chris Douglas Roberts, threading the needle between LeBron and Zydrunas Ilgauskas for the dunk. CDR was hanging tough with LeBron James early, but injured his ankle in the third quarter and looked to be hobbling around throughout the rest of the game. He finished with 16 points on 8-14 shooting.
- Yi Jianlian probably had his worst game since returning from injury, scoring 11 points on 2-13 shooting as the Cavs were playing him to drive most of the game and he couldn't get his jump shot going. Yi also had 8 boards and 3 block shots.