Catching up with your Nets-related news and musings from the weekend.
- In a Hoopsworld chat, Yannis Koutroupis said despite the fact that the Miami Heat are seeking a PG, he’s doubtful the Nets will trade Rafer Alston. In a separate post on Hoopsworld,, Luke Byrnes said the Nets season should be considered a “bust” if they’re not in contention for a playoff spot by the end of the year.
- In a Steve Politi report for the Star-Ledger, Barclay’s president Bob Diamond says the Bank remains committed to the Atlantic Yards development its naming rights deal for the new Brooklyn arena.
- Madison Magazine, which follows all things relevant to the Madison, WI region, has a feel-good story about Devin Harris (University of Wisconsin-Madison player) regarding his off-the-court charity work with children.
- NetIncome, over at the always reliable Nets blog NetsDaily, gives a weekly update of the Nets, talking about where the players are getting in shape for the off-season, some musings on the 2010 free agent class, and a score of other Nets tidbits.
- Liam Martin at NESN has a preview of the Nets saying the Nets will probably not win the Atlantic Division this season, but they may be in playoff contention.
- We also found a little Brook Lopez highlight reel. Some good stuff though because of my own personal musical tastes, I’m watching on mute.