Rudy Gay

Home Forums Nets Rudy Gay

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by avatar JonCBK 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Max Weisberg

I think right now, the Nets are not a championship caliber team. When there is a star out there, and you have assets, you do everything you can to dump those assets to acquire the star. Nets have been gathering assets for 3 years, and now they are right there, just one move away from a championship caliber team. Now is the time to take the jump, make the move.

How does everyone feel about Nets going after Gay?

WynnDuffy

Gay is not playing as well as he has in the past.

Perhaps that is why Grizz are shopping him.

njtobk

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7yuatr … brainstorming ways to get hump out and bring in gay in one fell swoop. love to hear ideas, this is harder than it looks!

Max Weisberg

Shopping of Gay has nothing to do with performance.

byrdsman13

I wouldn’t be against the Nets going after Rudy Gay. If we can get Rudy Gay and keep Crash I say we do it. Bring Crash off the bench to preserve him for the season. As of our last game in monday he has played in 30 of 41 games and of those 30 gakes he played in two of them he played less than 21 minutes total due to leaving because of injury. He stays in recovery form most of the time because every few weeks he is recovering from injury. I would take Gay over Crash all day long.

WynnDuffy

What does shopping Rudy have to do with, Max?

Max Weisberg

Hmmm…try money.

WynnDuffy

Try……again. Grizz no longer luxury tax payers, still shopping Gay.

I don’t think they need Rudy Gay. There’s only one ball for Gay and JJ and Lopez and D Will to share. I don’t think a massive overhaul is needed either. I think it could be a simple fix…but what? Do you play Lopez and Blatche together and shop for a backup center like Mozgov to play with Evans? I’d like someone who can stretch the floor a bit and would love Millsap or more realistically Ilyasova or even Bargnani. Only a game back in the Atlantic Division, why blow up the team for Gay? Bad idea.

WynnDuffy

Who do you think Nets (Billy King) would give up for Rudy. He’d certainly give up too much, as history dictates.

But Nets really do need a backup PG (that can hopefully defend the PGs that Deron can’t.

I think Blatche is most effective as backup Center, because the quickness over other Centers on offense (defense is another matter)

And Nets need one or two DEADLY sharpshooters from three (although they may already have them in Mirza and Toko.

The End.

The Heat need rebounding help and may be willing to exchange Rashard Lewis (44% from three) for Hump. I’d like more than that for Hump but it’s a start     The Nets couldn’t get Gay anyway, especially since the Grizz could probably get Brandon Jennings or Millsap for him.

WynnDuffy

You realize Heat would have to add a substantial amount of salary to a Humph-Lewis trade.

Nick

We need to keep the core 4 of brooks, Joe,D-will, and Crash. we need to try to get Gay or a top tier PF such as Gasol or if we are lucky Garnet. so i say Billy calls the Lakers and Celtics and tell them name your price but you cant touch our core 4.  This is dreaming big, but this makes us championship bound.

JonCBK

Gay would not be an upgrade over Wallace. Maybe a wash. Thank god we didn’t get him. Watch the Raptors continue to flail. At least our overpriced roster is going to result in a playoff appearance.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.