Brooklyn Revolution is a revolutionary podcast covering the Brooklyn Nets. On Episode 8, Sandy Mui and Alex Cuesta recap the Nets’ first week of free agency.
The Brooklyn Nets appeared to have a more patient, systematic approach to the free agency market. After not making any moves on the first three days, the Nets struck an agreement with highly-coveted restricted free agent Otto Porter. Free agency will likely heat up more for Brooklyn after Saturday night, the deadline for Washington to make a decision on the Nets’ offer sheet for Porter.
Episode 8’s Key Points
Nets’ free agency strategy
- Patient approach
- Losing out on JJ Redick, Joe Ingles, Andre Iguodala and Kelly Olynyk: Were any of these players substantial losses?
Plan A: Otto Porter
- Details of offer sheet
- Did the Nets make the right decision to go after Porter first?
Plan B: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- Now an unrestricted free agent
- Is Caldwell-Pope a solid backup plan/Plan B for the Nets?
Other free agents still on the market
- JaMychal Green (Grizzlies, RFA)
- Dewayne Dedmon (Spurs, UFA)
- Jonathon Simmons (Spurs, RFA)
- David Lee (Spurs, UFA)
- Nikola Mirotic (Bulls, RFA)
- Thabo Sefolosha (Hawks, UFA)
Ways for Nets to clear cap/roster space
- Potential trades: Which Nets could be packaged in deals?
- Rumors: Cole Aldrich salary dump
- Will they re-sign Randy Foye?
Summer League toss-in
- Opener against Atlanta Hawks
- Players to watch for
Interact With Brooklyn Revolution
- Follow us on Twitter and SoundCloud
- Subscribe and give us a rating on iTunes!
- Send any comments and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening!